Monday, June 2, 2008

The Fastest Way to Smooth Away Pillow Creases on Your Face...


Splash warm water on your skin, then massage in a moisturizer. Skin cells contain fluid that acts as a cushion to keep the skin plump. When you’re lying with your face smushed into a pillow for eight hours, that fluid seeps out of cells and is absorbed by your body. “This leads to creases,” says Lydia Evans, a dermatologist in Chappaqua, New York. Once you get out of bed, skin cells will gradually plump up with fluid. The warm water speeds this along by enhancing blood flow to the area, and moisturizer rehydrates it. Massaging the moisturizer in helps to smooth creases away manually.


Quick Tip:


Sleep on a smooth-fitting satin pillowcase instead of a cotton one. Satin won’t bunch up under your skin, so you may be spared morning creases. (It will not, however, eliminate long-term wrinkles.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your absolutly right. I've been sleeping on a satin pillowcase for years and the key is a snug fit and quality satin for silk like smoothness and feel.

I bought one on the net called the Pillowcap and it's probably the best satin pillowcases or I believe they call it a pillow cover I've ever own. Top Quality...and they usually have some colors on sale. I've been giving them as gifts for family and friends

Keep up the good work and get the message out.

Amanda said...

Hey Kana,
Thanks for the tip. I tried the Pillowcap and your right it is different and better than the standard satin pillowcases.
I love it and I will say it's a must for anyone with curly hair like mine.
You didn't mention it but I love the way my face looks after sleeping on the Pillowcap..I think fewer sleep wrinkles and just feels fresher..
Good deal at a good price..Pillowcap.com