Monday, June 2, 2008

Applying Eye Shadow For Day and Night

Pencil Eyeliner
Eyeliner sponge application or small cosmetic brush
Light colored eye shadow
Dark colored eye shadow
Eyeshadow brush
Mascara – black

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Apply the eyeliner to the top lid at the base of your eyelashes. I have found the inner eye to outer eye motion the easiest and most accurate.

Lightly apply the liner to the bottom lid at the base of the eyelashes. Do not let this line be heavier than the top line.

Use a sponge applicator or small cosmetic brush to soften (smudge) the liner on the top and bottom lid.

Sweep the light color shadow across the lid and brow bone.

Apply the darker shadow in the crease of the eye lid. Blend the dark shadow with the lighter shadow at outer corner of the lid.

Apply mascara. (optional, curl your lashes before applying)

For the day time, I try to use natural colors: brown eyeliner, cream colored shadow with dark brown.

For the evening time, I grab my black eyeliner, white/off-white shadow for my light shade and my black/gunmetal for the dark shade with a hint of shimmer.

No comments: